The Ramblings of a Creative Soul

Thursday, June 20, 2013

A River Runs Through It


I am lucky to have a piece of paradise. Our farm has been in my husband's family since 1813. We are getting ready to celebrate its bicentennial. Winding through our farm is a river called Chagrin. Several years ago, my husband and sons made a sitting area for me along the river. The picture above shows my view. The worst of days are made better by just sitting down there.

It is not uncommon for me to go for a walk in the river. I love looking for the perfect skipping stones. To me, there is nothing like the feel of a stone that has been smoothed by water. There is almost a velvet quality to it.

The other day, I went for walk and came upon some stones that I thought would be perfect for some jewelry. What do you think?

Thanks for visiting.
Cynthia

No comments: