The Ramblings of a Creative Soul

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quailcrest Herb Fair



Simple Elements Design was at the Quailcrest Herb Fair yesterday. This is the third year we have participated. This show is special to me for several reasons. First of all, the show is held at a beautiful site, filled with incredible gardens. The owners of the farm are dear family friends. My husband and I spent our youth there at family gatherings for Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. It was so special to us, we were married in the herb garden there and had our reception there, too.

The other reason it is special to me, the owner Libby Bruch, was one of my first supporters for my business. She helped to push me off that cliff. I will forever be grateful for her support. Libby passed away in February so it was nice that her family continued the fair which was so dear to her.

The show was successful and very enjoyable. The weather was perfect - not too hot. It was wonderful to have customers from years past say "There she is!" It is also fun to hear what people had to say about my work. When you sell online, you do not often get that feedback. I chatted with people from Texas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, New York, and Ohio. Many remarked that they have been making the trip to the fair for years. One customer, a bride-to-be from Texas, was in search of jewelry for her wedding. She and her fiance were such a delight. She found the perfect necklace and said "Now I can find the dress to go with it." That made my day.

It takes so much work to prepare for a show and one hopes the weather cooperates. So far, Mother Nature has been kind to me.

I look forward to returning to the fair next year. But today, I am happy but tired.

No comments: